Following the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the Austrian Panel on Climate Change (APCC) was established at the CCCA in the course of preparing the first comprehensive Austrian Assessment Report on Climate Change 2014 (AAR14). Under its umbrella, renowned scientists and researchers from the Austrian climate research community regularly compile the current state of research on climate change in Austria.
APCC products serve to survey, summarise and evaluate the current state of science and research on thematically defined issues (Special Report) or on climate change as a whole (Assessment Reports). Accordingly, no new research is conducted, but the state of current research is presented.
more information www.ccca.ac.at/apcc
The APCC Steering Committee consists of the following persons:
- Maaike Bader (University of Marburg) – co-opted member for AAR2
- Sabine Fuss (MCC-Berlin and Humboldt University Berlin)
- Helmut Haberl (University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU), Vienna)
- Joeri Rogelj (Imperial Collage London) – co-opted member for AAR2
- Gertraud Wollansky (BMK Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology)